Saturday, March 1, 2014

S.W.A.T Drill #27 - Mixed Media






This week's project over at http://swatscrapwarriorsadvancedtraining.blogspot.com/ was to create layout our mixed media project. OK I will admit I struggle with mixed media. While I love the way it looks I've not ever really done lots of mixed media canvas projects.

So I really put forth the effort to create a fun little mixed media canvas. I started knowing I wanted to incorporate this cute little lady - "Betty". Yes she's from the Julie Nutting doll stamps - and she's brand NEW.  For the paper I used Echo Park - Sweet Girl collection. I had some extra just laying around and thought it would be perfect for what I wanted to do.

I first painted the 8 1/2 x 11 canvas pink/ and white pearl. Then I applied a thin layer of mod podge and added the torn paper on top.

For the Doll I used the Prima Tags (they fit these dolls perfectly). I also found that once I stamped the doll - I then keep her where she is and trace around the stamp. That way I can then cut her out.
I paper pieced her using the Sweet Girl collection.

The fun little hearts are wood veneers - from Cosmo Cricket charms. I also used some Studio Calico wood hearts. I colored them with Ink- a Gold from Viva Decor. I love love love this product. It's a bee's wax based but it's just so fun to smear it on.

The saying is from the DCWV templates - I was totally in awwww when I found these the other day. I love the saying, " Be You" and thought it would be perfect. I used some gold Ferro from Viva Decor and smeared the paste on using a palette knife.

I was having so much fun decorating this piece I couldn't stop. I added a few little arrows also using the Ferro. I then created a few small flowers and added them to the stash of flowers I had on hand. I added a few enamel dots, a couple of pins and of course some bling.

I hope you enjoy and hope you play along with us over at http://swatscrapwarriorsadvancedtraining.blogspot.com/.

Happy Scrappin' 

Terri

No comments: