Friday, May 24, 2013

Lady Liberty



Over at www.pagemaps they are hosting lots of fun challenges and so I thought I'd join in since after all who doesn't love a great challenge and/or lots of fun ideas. While I want my layout to look exactly like the sketch I love to take the sketch and look at it and think how can I make it a little different yet keep similar elements.

Recently I was trying to find 1 photo and came across these photos of the Statue of Liberty from our trip to NY when my husband graduated from college at NYIT. This was from 2005 and I realized I never really scrapbooked those photos. So I kept a few of the lady liberty ones and then I found this challenge and these seemed perfect for the paper and the challenge.

The photos don't do the site justice. This is one of the most breathe taking sights I've ever seen. It was a cool and foggy morning when we went there. It was rainy and still foggy most of the day. I managed to get 2 photos almost of the same view - w/ the fog and a little w/o the fog. It was just stellar to see the Statue.

We roamed around the grounds, and even went over to Ellis Island looking for hubby's family. Such a fun and memorable day.

I hope you like my layout. I used Recollections - "Fabulous Girl" paper line and felt the look of the patina on the Statue matched perfectly w/ the paper in this collection. I wanted a pop of color so I added a little floral mat. The words were cut from the fun little sayings stripe.

The rhinestone border is from Queen and Company.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Pretty layout.....great photo's , love the bling!