Friday, May 24, 2013

1.2.3.4 challenge




 So we all know I love a great challenge and even ones w/ Sketches. I love looking at sketches and recently found and fell in love with http://www.pagemaps.com/ and the wonderful sketches on there. I have spent hours just looking at different sketches. Well this month they are turning 7 - so they are hosting a bunch of wonderful challenges.

For this Challenge it was to use the follow sketch and the receipe.
The recipe was is here: 
I actually had a few scraps left just sitting on my craft area and they were the perfect colors. The paper is from Webster's pages - and is the Modern Romance line. It is some really fun blue, red, pinks and lots of fun patterns. The red paper is patterned paper from All the reason why, and the Pink paper is also a patterned paper from Weekend getaway.

The cloudes and hot air balloon is a die/stamp set from http://www.creativetimeforme.com/. It is the Fly away with me stamp set and die. These are so fun and I've wanted them for a long time. When Emma put them on sale a few days ago for her birthday celebration I had to get them. I cut out the clouds from the die on Bazzill blue/green paper. I wanted the clouds to be a more blue so I inked them with irridesent sky blue ink. They actually have a fun little shimmer.

For the balloon I paper pieced them the papers. I stamped it on white and then stamped on the blue, red, and pink papers. I cut them out and pieced it on to the white paper.

For the brad I added it to the top of the air balloon

The green is the grass cut w/ the MS drippy goo punch.

So the recipe goes:
1 brad/button - small flower brad on top of the balloon
2 patterened paper - red and pink on the balloon (hard to see the red hearts but they are there)
3 layers - I layered the grass, then the clouds are another layer, and the balloon a 3rd layer.
4 colors - used

I alway love to look at the sketch and see how I can make the similar elements. If you notice it has 3 sections just like on the card. It has a large element in the middle and mine is the balloon. Then has the sentiment on the front mine is Follow your dreams. I thought it was perfect for this card.

I added an action wobble to the back of the balloon and it just floats away.


 

 

 
Hope you enjoy and happy scrappin'
 
I'll be entering this in the pagemap challenge found here:
 
Terri 

1 comment:

cdm317 said...

What a fabulous card!!!!