Monday, June 6, 2011

Monthly Challenge - On the road again. *** Warning lots of photos**












This is for the Monthly Cricut Challenge - it was to make some thing for you or your kids to take on those long summer road trips. It had to include at least 2 images (well I think I have more than the required 2 images).

This challenge was for sure a challenge for me. My daughter is 2 1/2 and is well on her way to learning her ABC'S. So I thought this would be perfect for her to learn and use on the road trips (mainly to Chicago). This book was so much fun to make. I made it using allot of Create a Critter cuts. Did you know you can do almost the alphabet with that cartridge? Well you can.

The challenge wasn't cutting or anything like that. It was simply trying to figure out what images a 2 1/2 year old will know. There was a few items I really wanted but didn't have the cartridge.

Did you also know how hard it was to find a "Q" image? Yes really - very hard.

I used allot of scrap papers from my stash - I didn't embellish it much for a couple of reasons 1- its for a 2 1/2 year old - 2. I was planning on running through "YOUR STORY" lamina tor so I didn't want it too thick.

Cuts:
All letters cut from Birthday Bash with the font/shadow feature - at 2"
The images were cut at 3" -- with a shadow feature.
I then put all the images on Coordination's cardstock - and glued the image to the back and the letter to the front.
I think my favorite pages are the Elephant,Octopus, the Train - oh and the GNS is her initals, and the zebra.



I think most of them turned out really cute.



I used my Your story to put together and make it more stable, and then put in rings to hold it together and make it an easy flip book.



Once, I finished it I asked my daughter to name the objects. She did pretty good, only missing a few like the Jacket, the quilt, and the X-ray. So I would say this is a huge success. Well I guess the only real test will be the road trip.



Thanks for looking and



Happy Scrappin'

1 comment:

Megan Setter said...

That turned out great! Really cute little book and lots of fun! That's a lot of work!