Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Cropped Even Challenge #2





So I took a huge gamble and bought the Mystery Box for the Cropped Even Megan Elizabeth is hosting this weekend. Part of the cropped event is different Challenges some are posted already for those that have the mystery box. The boxes are sold out but apparently you can buy tickets to the event. Here is the link to buy tickets to the event: http://shop.aboverubiesstudio.com/video-classes/cropped-mystery-event-ticket.html
This will be a fun even I'm sure. She has lots planned and lots of prizes. Oh my...

The first challenge was a little different for me as I don't like to use blocked paper for my back ground. I like to go solid so the rest of the paper can be fun and pretty. I love Megan's paper - Paper Layerz - it cuts in the Cricut very smooth. I then thought about a theme - I knew I had tons of photos of my daughter being super super silly. She makes us smile and laugh daily. She can be so silly sometimes it's priceless.

I used the Paper Layerz paper in my mystery box - it is Sprinkles. It's fun colors on the front and blue on the back.
I cut the 2nd sheet of Paper Layerz to make my embellishments/title and banner.

The nice thing about paper layerz is the 4x4 color squares. I actually made a template a few months ago w/ the Gypsy for this. So when I laid my paper down I knew exactly where everything was laid out. I then used the gypsy to lay out what I wanted to cute where.

Banner cut - Arts Philosophy 1"
Tag cut - Arts Philosophy 3"
Flowers - Arts Philosophy 1 3/4", and 2.5" w/ layers
Silly - Cricut Craft Room basics w/ shadow  1 3/4" and welded
Our Girl - Kate's ABC  1" w/ the shadow function (not welded).

The brad is from the kit - love that little heart in the brad. The gems are from my stash.

Hope you enjoy and
Happy Scrappin'

No comments: