Tuesday, August 7, 2012

DCWV Card Sketch

So recently I've come across the DCWV sketch challenges. I will say that I had a few stacks laying around and I really like challenges that make me start using my stuff.

I found the August Sketch Challenge for DCWV here: http://dcwvinc.blogspot.com/2012/08/august-stack-hoic-challenge.html. I did the card challenge this time around. When I saw the sketch I instantly thought about doing a Red, White and Blue banner.

I knew what stack I wanted to use. My new favorite Citrus. Yes, it had the perfect Red, white and blue in the stack. I love the pretty red and the denim blue.

I have learned a tip on how to make banners w/o getting my cricut out. I use a square punch and make them that way. YES they are done by hand.

I wanted to add a few little stars and some twine. I actually used the hemp twine.

The sentiment is from Emma's set - My little firecracker with http://www.creativetimeforme.com/. I thought it was perfect for this challenge. I know the 4th is over but I don't think you need a holiday to show your pride for America. I also wanted something to tie into the Olympics.

I love the simple sketch and the way this card turned out.

Hope you enjoy and

Happy Scrappin'



1 comment:

LaJanette said...

This is such a cool card! I am loving all the layers in the banners and the tone of the colors is very pretty!

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your sweet comment. Good luck in my stamp giveaway draw.

Hugs;
Janette