Thursday, April 5, 2012

Enjoy the Moment...



OK I will admit this layout kicked my bumm.. Yes it really did. I normally have a vision and can translate it but this time was really hard. At first I didn't like the colors I laid out, then I didn't like the layout shape, and then I didn't have a journal box. Thankful I didn't glue it down because I kept changing it. After 3 weeks of looking at this layout I finally made it work.

I started with cutting a basic circle on my circut at 9". I then took my flower punch from EK success and punched out several strips. I then glued them to the back of the circle - to form a "petal" affect. 

I cut the title from Letter Envy - at 1.5"
I cut a basic square for the mats and journal box
I added a cut little flower from Forever young to accent the journal box.
The paper is SEI
I added a few little pieces of ribbon and a couple of buttons.

This is one of my FAVORITE photos of my daughter. A friend of ours who is a professional photographer took these photos. I try to have professional photos taken for her birthday.
Like my journalling suggest - it really has made me stop and enjoy the moments. She is growing way toooo fast and I really love this sweet little photo. It simple speaks child.

Hope you enjoy and
Happy Scrappin'

1 comment:

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Well, you certainly came out with a winner! Wonderful layout and great post!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com