Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Bucket List...



OK so I've said it already once, but I'm loving this new Cricut Circle cartridge Letter Envy. I've made a few different projects and I really do love this font. I love the base font but really I'm loving the font w/ the Shadow, and the little font layer w/ little cuts in it. It cuts great for smaller areas like 1". The other font cuts better at larger sizes.

I made this page for a couple of reasons. I seem to always scrapbook about my daughter but really nothing of me.
The Cricut Magazine challenge was to use Letter Envy and 2 other cuts so when I saw the local scrapbook show also having a challenge. I knew this would be perfect.
The Great Lakes Mega Meet will be coming to town in a month (YES!) and they have challenges to "get our creative juices flowing". This challenge was to make a bucket list of 5 things.

I will say that I am so blessed with all that I have. I know some people make a bucket list for things they want to do or for stuff they've done also. I really have wanted to make a page like this so it's perfect.
My bucket list was from several years ago - I really never shared it, but my bucket list included: being a wife, mom, graduate from college, own my own home and see a few of sites. I have several other things on my bucket list - one is to see the Macy's thanksgiving parade, and the tournament of Roses parade too.

I really wanted to see The Mighty MAC (aka the Mackinaw Bridge). Which those close to me know I have a  large fear of bridges this high. I guess my fear of bridges steamed when I almost was struck by a semi going out of control on a very large bridge. What about when  I had to work  disaster claims in New Orleans after the hurricane's and had to travel over some very large bridges that went straight up. I told my hubby in order for me to go  Mackinaw I had to conquer my fears of the bridge 1st. I was so proud of myself I went over it w/o having a huge panic attack.

OK so enough about the bridges - here's the details on the page:

Letter Envy - letters cut at 1" on font, font layer and shadow
Arts Philosophy - photo corners 1"
Arts Philosophy - tab cut at 1.5"
Party Picks and Pennants  digital - 1.5"
Basic shapes - mats cut at varying sizes - 2x3, 3x4, 4x7

Paper is from SEI Poppy line

Oh, and Yes I did journal too -- see it?? 

Hope you enjoy and
Happy scrappin'

No comments: