Friday, March 30, 2012

Magazine Challenge



For this months Magazine Challenge on the Cricut Circle Blog was to make a project using the circle exclusive cartridge Letter Envy.
Can I just say that is one of my favorite font cartridges. I love the miss match letters and everything. I really love letters that have shadows, and fun layers.

A few months ago I a few of my friends on FB agreed to do a "pass it forward" crafting project. The rules were simple you agreed to make something crafty for someone if they passed it forward and made something for you.

So this was the project I made for my friend Anjie.

I used an 8x10 canvas - bought in a 3 pack from Joann's.

I sprayed it with Tattered Angels glimmer mist Dragonfly, and Jazz Blue

I used Letter Envy to cut the Letters using the function keys: Font Shadow, Font Layer, and Font.
I cut the letters at 4"
The paper is from SEI Corine paper line
The roses were cut from Arts Philosophy at 2 1/2", 3" -
The butterfly also cut from Arts Philosophy at 2".

I doodled a little with a black gel roll pen to make the butterfly look like it was flying.

I bought a few little hangers from the local home store to mount into the back.

Hope you enjoy and
Happy Scrappin'

No comments: