Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Weekly Challenge #49: Function Meets Fun Challenge!




Check Spelling
I don't normally make resolutions but I have set a goal to try and do as many challenges and/or scrapbook pages as I can. I would like to get at least 25 done this year.
So here is my 1st challenge for the year -- it is the Cricut Circle Blog Weekly Challenge.

Here is the Challenge: As your taking down the decorations from the holidays, there seems to be a feeling to give everything in our homes a fresh start to the new year. We feel a desire to reorganize those closets, and clean out things that could use a little less clutter. This week’s challenge is all about “function meets fun”! Show us how you use your Cricut machines to organize your home, office, garage, etc.
Rules and Guidelines: Circle Blog Challenges are open to Cricut Circle Members only. Your project must be newly created for this challenge and include at least 2 Cricut Image Cuts. You must submit a project to be entered into the Challenge Prize Drawing. One entry per person, please.

I have 2 little 9 cube organizers for my daughter's toys. I only have elected to purchase 4 bins for each one. So I figured since she is only 3 - she really can't read but she does know pictures of objects so I thought these cute little tags tied to the basket would help her to know where to put the toys.
I want to give credit to the super talented Missie as I scraplifted the idea from her: http://createdbymissie.blogspot.com/2011/02/function-over-creativity.html.
She did this for her storage unit a while back and I thought it was a great idea. I just now got around to creating it.

I actually made the tags at 3 1/2" - and then I "drew" the shapes on there by using the Cricut Markers - I love how neat and clean these drew on the shapes. I kept the shapes pretty small and then I cut the words out - from Billionaire cartridge. Can I just say that is one awesome cartridge for welding. The letters cut out so nicely.

I then added a little extra bling by coloring with copics, adding some glossy accents and stickles.
The shapes were all cut from different cartridges.
I will be using my yourstory to laminate them and then just tie them to the bins w/ ribbon.

Happy Scrappin'

1 comment:

Carolyn/MamaC said...

What a cool idea! Your tags are so adorable!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com