Monday, June 20, 2011

Cricut Circle Weekly Challenge #34 - Father's day Sketch








Ok I know this doesn't say Father's day on the card, but I think my brother who is a wonderful guy but doesn't have any kiddos of his own deserves a card on father's day too. I don't know if he will ever be a father but why should we exclude uncles too? There isn't a holiday set aside for uncles.


When I was blessed to have a daughter 2 1/2 years ago he was living near us in TX. He took off work just to be there for the birth of his niece. He was so excited to be an uncle and you could just see the pride in his eyes.



Well we all moved away from TX and he lives about 4 hours from us now - he comes up and visits his niece any time he can. Can I just say he LOVES that little girl and she LOVES her UNKIE DANNY. Yes UNKIE Danny is what she calls him.



I cut this little card as an A2 size -


I used:

The cartridge Campin Critter

Wild card (I love the torn/burnt look of the card) it reminded me of my brother when I was a child and some of the crazy stuff he did.

I cut then a 4x4 square of green paper - ran it through my new toy... and embossed it with the little diamond pattern.

The circle is custom from a paper stack by DCWV.
The deer is cut from scraps of paper.

I had to use an Orange fish - to make it look like a goldfish (yes another childhood story).


The cut for the deer is at 2 1/2 "



The #1 Uncle stamp is from Emma at http://www.creativetimeforme.com/ (Oh I just love her stamps).


Hope you enjoy and


Happy Scrappin'


1 comment:

Unknown said...

So cute!! Love the diamond embossing background