Saturday, May 3, 2014

S.W.A.T - DRILL #31 Color

post signature



So this week's challenge/drill over at http://swatscrapwarriorsadvancedtraining.blogspot.com/ is to follow this color combo:

 
Might I just say I think this color combo is so fun. I used Bazzill pearl paper for my pink and blue.
I used just a basic black 12x12 paper for the 'back' ground.

I recently was able to buy a new TOOL - those that know me know how much I adore my Cricut. I mean adore my Cricut machines. Recently they came out with a new machine called the Cricut Explore - well yes I had to have it. I love this machine - it will take an SVG file and cut it cuts so nice and smooth. I'm still "learning" my machine but from what I've found/done I think it will be a new favorite.

I wanted to showcase my recent accomplishment I did. I ran - I mean walked my first 5k. It was a Martian marathon in MI - my daughter and hubby both ran too so I figured why not. While I didn't finish as fast as my hubby did (in under 24 minutes) I did it under an hour and I finished it!!! I thought this color combo was perfect match for this photo.

I used the Explore to cut out the chevrons from the pink paper, title, and the shoes. Wow talk about small and detailed cuts. I added a few sequins, enamel dots, and a fun little wood veneer.

Thanks for joining us today at S.W.A.T!!!


 

No comments: