Today I have a fun color challenge for you. Sometimes I find it really hard to do a color challenge because it may not be my colors I normally love to use. Well the tables are turned and today I am picking the colors for you to use.
A few months back my girl friends and I signed up for the Mega Meet in Novi, MI. which is a huge scrapbook show. We all wanted to make T-shirts so I offered to make them. Let me tell you I LOVE working with vinyl, but the Iron on Vinyl scared me!!!! Not sure why but it did - maybe because it is a little pricey and I only have 1 week left before the show and 1 piece of each color??
So without further a do here is your color challenge: Make a project using the following colors:
- Yellow (maize), Pink (fuchsia), Blue (sky) Green (apple), Purple, and Hibiscus (salmon/orange).
You have until May 12th at 8:00 PM to make your creation and post on the Cricut Message board. Oh and because this is a fun weekend wouldn't it be great to have a fun little prize??? I will be giving away a prize to random participant.
Here is a little of how to make T-shirts w/ Iron on Vinyl. I bought the iron on vinyl - from http://www.justforcrafters.com/store/pc/home.asp and it is the Siser Easy Weed Iron on vinyl.
1) Select your design for this I like to use CCR - and great different tabs for each color I'm working with.
I type my words correctly then highlight them all and "flip" them see below
2) Make sure you "flip" the image you want - especially for words.
3) Cut your images leaving the protective film on it. For the Sisser Easy Weed iron on vinyl - you will put the glossy side to the mat (that is the protective film). Use a Kiss cut also - for that my speed was medium, pressure was 3, and blade 3.
Then for this product you will use a normal house hold iron.
I set my iron to preheat at cotton. I walked away and let it warm up. Then iron the shirt w/o any thing on it.
Then lay the 1st piece in this case it was the fuschia color.
I then added the words to the center of that area. When working with an item you've already put the vinyl on you will want to protect it. So keep that large piece of film you took off from the base piece.
Then I continued putting each piece down - pressing the iron for about 15 seconds (DON'T RUB IT OVER IT PRESS AND HOLD THEN MOVE TO NEXT SPOT overlapping slightly to the previous). Peel the protective fill off - this one is either hot or cold peel.
If you are layering items I found it best to only let the first layer press for 15 seconds - then add the 2nd layer and do the full 20 seconds there.
Hope you enjoy and can't wait to see what you make using the colors: Yellow, Blue, Green, Fuschia, Green and Hibiscus.
And lastly, there are several of us who are participating in the Circleville NSD Weekend who are also posting our tutorials and/or challenges and/or prizes on our personal blogs.Everyone is invited to join in the fun! Here is a list of participants and the times you will find their posts on their blogs (all times are Eastern Daylight Time):
- Around the Block with Scrapalette - 11AM EDT Saturday, May 4, 2013 "Tic Tac Toe Challenge and Blog Prize!
- Col's Creative Corner - 1PM EDT Saturday, May 4, 2013 "Ease on Down the Road" Blog Prize- $15 Michael's Crafts Gift Card!
- Paper, Craft and Scissors - 3PM Saturday, May 4, 2013 "On Pins" theme and Blog Prize - $25 Simon Say Stamp Gift Card!
- Stamp, Cut, Create! blog - 4PM EDT Saturday, May 4, 2013. "Tin Is In" theme and Blog Prize!
- All Scrapped Out - 6PM EDT Saturday, May 4, 2013 "What's It Owl About" theme and Blog Prize!
- The Non-Crafty Crafter - 8PM EDT Saturday, May 4, 2013 "Let's Split- CCR Tutorial" (Learn to create a split letter monogram) and Blog Prize!
- Scrappin With The Bug blog - 10PM EDT Saturday, May 4, 2013 "The Crazy Bs Challenge" and Blog Prize!
- Sara W. Andrews blog - 9AM EDT Sunday, May 5, 2013 "Go Big or Go Home Challenge" and Blog Prize - $20 Hobby Lobby Gift Card!
- Scrappin With the Bug blog - 11AM EDT Sunday, May 5, 2013 "Tropical Sunset Color Challenge" and Blog Prize!
- I Came, I Saw, I Created blog - 6:30PM EDT Sunday, May 5, 2013 "Did-I-MENSION???" Challenge and Blog Prize!