Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Behavior Rewards






OK so a little back story to why I made these little tokens. The past few weeks my 3 1/2 year old has really been pushing the limits on her behavior. I know what everyone is thinking - she's a toddler and yes I totally agree. So in efforts to contain her behavior I've come up with these tokens. She will have to earn them and if she gets 10 tokens she can get a special prize. Something like maybe going to the park, bubbles, TV, a special treat or a special toy. I know it may not be the best way to parent by "bribing" but I really need my little one to behave. I think it has something to do with school being out.
I will say the idea is something I saw at the preschool used by the special needs teachers. They would have these little flash cards - for the kids who were non verbal and they would give them one for being good and/or even if they were not listening or behaving nicely. At the end of the day they got to pick out a little prize from the treasure box if they had so many good tokens. These kids really like getting the prizes and it seemed to work so I thought I'd give it a try at home for my daughter.
 

I made these in a rainbow of colors, and also then the star and sad face -- that means she looses a privilege.

I used PKS Happy Lashes and Happy New year faces for these little tokens.  

I took it a few steps farther and laminated these because I wanted them to last and also put a magnet on the back.
I've already been asked by a little one if she could have them. I told her they are her reward "Dablums" as in yes Captain Hook reference.

Hope you enjoy and
Happy Scrappin'

6 comments:

Gina said...

I LOVE this idea! very cute shapes you used. I have 5 boys and use something similar for their behavior. I dont really think it's bribing at all. Thats how they learn good behavior. At 3 1/2 she's bound to test the limits! My littlest are 4 & 6 and even my 10 yr old needs a little praise! lol... Great job!

Gabriela Sandoval said...

Great idea and their cute too!

Gabriela

gabysstylishexpressions.blogspot.com

Nikki Foraker said...

HOLY MOLY!!! How smart...and adorable too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at PeachyKeen!

Nikki :)

Michelle said...

these are toooo cute ! awesome idea !! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Peachy Keen this week.

Michelle- DT
www.scrappinwithmybug.com

Cassandra said...

They are so GREAT! And of course you know I love the rainbow colors :)

Melissa said...

Bribe the kids, why not! Great idea.