Tuesday, May 29, 2012

PKS Color challenge

So this weeks Challenge at Peachy Keen Stamps was to use this color combination. I must say this was a HUGE challenge for me as I normally don't use these colors, however, my daughter had this dress on today that helped. This cute little pillow case dress was made by a Cricut Circle friend Linda made an adorable dress for my daugther a few weeks ago. I just now put it on her and thought this was a perfect chance to photo and use a layout in the color challenge. 

*** This fabric was super hard to find so if your looking  good luck**** It took us 6 stores in 3 states to find it.  :)




I used some Cord'nations paper that I bought at the scrapbook show a few weeks ago. It had the purple, a green (the green is actually a dark green but for some reason it keeps photoing like a "lime" color), and gray in the package. I found some teal/aqua from my stash - and the darker blue is from SEI.

Since my daughter loves to "flutter" around the house like a butterfly/bird and never really stays put I thought it would be fun to make these cute butterfly birds. I also loved the saying.

Cartridge - 3 Birds on parade - birds cut at 2 1/2, and 2 both w/ layer/shadow
Arts Philosophy - Square 8 - cut at 10" (which is the dotted blue layer).
Arts Philosophy - banners cut at 1"
PKS stamps for the birds eyes/smiles Critter faces.
PKS stamp for "You're a doll" from the Vivienne and friends

I hope you enjoyed and this was really a challenge but I always love the PKS challenges.

Hope you enjoy and
Happy Scrappin'

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

love you scrap page its so pretty

Nikki Foraker said...

I just LOVE your sweet layout!!! ADORABLE!!!! Thanks SO MUCH for playing along with us at PeachyKeen!

Nikki

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Adorable photos and wonderful layout! Great use of the colors!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com
cccscraproom@gmail.com

Michelle said...

This is an adorable layout with a cute little model !!! Your right Linda makes the cutest dresses !!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Peachy Keen this week !!!

Michelle - DT
www.scrappinwithmybug.com

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) said...

What a cute LO and an adorable kiddo too! Colors are perfect too!

Melissa said...

Cute a can be!