Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Me....




OK in the 15 years I've been scrapbooking I have never scrapbooked a page of just me. Not sure why but I seem to scrapbook  family, events but never just me.

So I broke out Letter Envy - love that font - love the script - can I just say I love that cartridge. I liked the brackets on this and the title "ME". I did the layers for the brackets. They are so fun.

I added a few little pennants under each photo and simply put the month/year photo taken.

The paper is from Imaginisce and the pennants are from DCWV. This paper matches perfectly. I love stripes on the paper and the cute polka  dot. These are a little more muted tones, but I think it worked for the photos I chose as the first 3 photos are older and they are more muted colors.

The 1st photo was me in Sept 75 - I was about 3 months old
The 2nd photo was me in June 77 - I was 2 years old
The 3rd photo was me in June 88 - I just turned 13 and went to Chi Chi's for dinner and they put a big sombrero for your birthday and take a photo. I just loved this photo.
The 4th photo was me in September 04 - my wedding day.
The final photo was me in October 08 - when my daughter was born. This photo was taken of me while she was still in the NICU - I remember getting to actually hold her w/o the wires and I was tickled pink.

I used Letter Envy cut at 2 1/2" for the "ME" and the brackets at 3 1/2"
The base was cut from Arts Philosophy at fit to page to make the top note
The pennants cut from Party Picks and pennants at 3" long and  1/2" wide and at 3 1/2" and 1/2" wide - I turned off the link in the gypsy to make my own customized size.

I hope you enjoy and
Happy Scrappin'

No comments: