Thursday, March 8, 2012

Magazine Sketch Challenge! Cricut Circle





My inspirational sketch


So this months magazine challenge over at the Cricut Circle was to use a sketch and create a project from that.
Here are the rules:  
Use one of the sketches provided in the Cricut Circle Magazine or on the Cricut Circle Blog, created from our designers. Please upload a working link or picture of your project to the blog under the Magazine Challenge tab. One entry per person. Entry deadline is Friday, March 9th. If you use Cricut Craft Room, save your file so you can share it in case you win! The winner of this contest will receive $150.00 credit to Cricut.com and your project picture will be featured in the magazine.

I love looking at sketches and giving my own personal twist on them. When I look at a sketch - I try not to make it identical but rather to have the similar elements/shapes.

For this challenge I used only a few cartridges.
I used Fancy Frames and cut the frame at 7". I cut both layers the dark pink and also some lighter c'rdinations pink paper.
The title is cut from Billionaire at 3/4" - I love this font for smaller fonts really fun.
The white "dots" are actually called Candi's. I LOVE these. They are like a brad w/o the prongs.

This photo happen to be of my daughert - who turned 3 this past year. All she said during this photo shot was "Look at me I"m 3" -she figured that out from the 3 balloons. The photo was takend by a dear friend who is a professional photographer. She and my daughter just love each other and I think these photos totally show it. She was 100% perfect for these photos.

I made a pocket for the journalling tab and used a journaling stamp from Emma's stamps.
I will say this happens to be one of my favorite photos of my daugther. 
Hope you enjoy and
Happy Scrappin' 

No comments: