Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Weekly Challenge #45: Run for the Border Challenge!







So when I saw this challenge I knew instantly what I wanted to make. This challenge was to use a border and make a project.

The rules and guidelines: Circle Blog Challenges are open to Cricut Circle Members only. Your project must be newly created for this challenge and include atleast 2 Cricut Image Cuts. You must submit a project to be entered into the Challenge Prize Drawing. One entry per person, please.


I kept it very simple but love the results.


I made these cute little table name plates. I used the Turkey border from Doodle Charms - cut at 1.5". I love the cute little turkeys. Just sitting on the plate waiting to be ate. MMMM Don't know about all the rest of you but we actually FRY a turkey and it's ohhhhh so good.


Paper - kraft for the base, and then the seaonal package from Cloud 9 Designs (bought at Joann's for really cheap). It has a mix of Halloween, Thanksgiving, and even Christmas. It's not card stock just plain paper but I think it did very well for this type of project.

The little name box is from Art Philosohphy I just changed the size on my Gypsy -- due to I have one person in the family who has 9 letters so I had to make sure her name fit.

The letters are cut at 1" from Country Life - my all time goto cartridge for font.


I then used my chalks to give a little extra to the Turkey - he wasn't quit brown enough for me.


Hope you enjoy and Have a Safe and Happy Thanksgiving.


Happy Scrappin'

1 comment:

Cindy@ Scrap-obsessed.blogspot.com said...

Those are so cute. I love the turkey cut on that cartridge too. In fact it's a big reason I bought the cartridge.