Thursday, October 13, 2011

September Magazine Challenge






Close up of the sides



For this month the Magazine Challenge for the Cricut Circle Blog was to use any collection of paper from Echo Paper.

Let me just tell you this paper is so adorable I bought several paper packs a few months ago just because it was purely CUTE. I bought a total of 5 paper packs. (SHHH don't tell). Playground paper pack has to be one of my favorite papers: It has Hopscotch, Red Rover, Heads Up Seven UP, Jump Rope, Mokey Bars, Hide and Seek, Capture the Flag, merry Go Round. All of these papers remind me of my childhood.
I bought Playground paper pack to make something for my daughters Pre-School teachers. I had no clue what I was going to make and was just holding the paper. This challenge came along and I instantly thought about what I would make.
I made a cute little box, a pencil with a topper and a sticky note pad . I thought this paper would be perfect for this challenge.
The box is really simple to make but just takes a little practice and some cutting. I used a thicker weight bazzil paper for the base and then layered the Echo Park Paper on it.
I used my cricut to cut the cute little kiddos. They are all cut at 2.5" and are from Playtime cartridge. Can I just say these little kiddos are so adorable. I used Peachy Keen Faces for them.
I used the Echo Park Paper for most of the clothes.

The pencil toppers I made using my Martha Stewart score board -made 2 rosettes, and then topped them off with the cute little apple from Create a Critter. The scallop is from Art's Philosophy cut at 5". I added some star dust stickles to the leaves.

The sticky pad holders were made using Echo Park Paper and the scallop is from Art's Philosophy (love that cartridge) cut at 2" and the letters are cut from Country Life.

I really enjoyed making these little projects and hope her teachers love them too.

Happy Scrappin'



No comments: