Thursday, July 28, 2011

Weekly Challenge #37: Technique Challenge!

This week on the Cricut Circle blog challege is to use one of the techniques they spotlighted over the past week.
They showed how to use letter stickers to create textured patterned paper of sorts to cut shapes from. Cutting shapes wilth vellum and use machine to emboss them. Then the used beads and glitter to dress up Cricut cuts. They showed how to use a crayon resist technique and spray mist. Then finally they showed how to use Copics to give your projects depth/deminsion.



What great ideas let me just say. I loved them all. I did try a few of them and really liked them. Some I will need more practice before I get the courage to share.

Well I used a couple of techniques to make this card. I used the vellum to make the cuts and emobossed them. Then I used my copics on the vellum to "outline" the butterflies and to give a little accent.



I made this little card for a friend as a just because card.



It is a standard A2 card - 4.25x5.5


I used sophisticated cartridge for all of these cuts.
The large flowers cut at 2"
The small flowers are the centers of the cuts
The butterflies are cut at 1" using vellum
The frame for the sentiment is cut at height of 1.5".

I folded the wings of the butterflies to give it more deminsion.
The paper is from the new paper line called Paper Layerz by Megan Elizabeth (AKA Megan from Above Rubies Studio) *** Plug time*** can I just say this paper is new and is Wonderful. I just bought this paper and it is so smooth cutting, the colors were beautiful. This paper is called Happy Dots/ Perfect Gems.

The sentiment is Pink by Design - from the set Jump & Jive.

I used Dots for the embossing folder and R32 Copic to outline/fill spots on the butterfly.

Hope you enjoy

Happy Scrappin'

No comments: